Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lab 10: No cell phone for 24 hours



I chose to sacrifice my cellphone for 24 hours last week Friday, and it was an enlightening experience. For the whole day I was constantly worried that my parents would try to call me with some emergency, and would be unable to contact me. This caused me a great deal of anxiety and distress. Also, it was a bit of an inconvenience not being able to call my friends before meals. I had to plan my entire day ahead of schedule. Although having to plan ahead wasn't a enormous tragedy, it did shed a great deal of light on the fact that I depend on instant communication way too much. It's pretty pathetic that it causes me anxiety when the possiblity of having to go to meals alone arises.


-Michele

1 comment:

Emily, Carlie, Alex, Ali, and Claire said...

It would be so hard for me to give up my cell phone for 24 hours! I would feel so disconnected from my friends, even though we are on the same campus and live in the same place.
-carlie